Thursday, December 2, 2010

Homeopathy overdose - first symptoms!

Well, as I mentioned in my first post on this, I do sometimes do voluntary shifts with a charity, at night. This is one of those nights.

My sleeping has been fine, and nothing out of the ordinary.

I do however have:

A sore throat/cough.

I have had it since Monday, and it still persists.

On Saturday, I was in Liverpool, doing a street collection for Breast Cancer Campaign (raised £396.60 in loose change)*. I was outside from 09:30ish until 18:30ish (with a few breaks in between, in total I'd wager, about 45 mins). I also got drunk that night, but was in bed by midnight.

Sunday I went to Manchester, my car thermometer said it was minus four as I parked in Manchester. This time it was Marie Curie Cancer Care I spent from about 10:45ish to 17:00ish (though took more breaks, total of about 1h 15 inside) outside.

For this, I did have six layers on, including a beautiful tiger onesie from Primark. However, I had no gloves, and my face was entirely exposed.

Whilst collecting, you're speaking all day to people, encouraging them to put their coppers (or to be honest pound coins, notes, and if they want to be totally old skool, cheques), into your bucket.

Now it *could* be my homeopathy overdose at work here, or it could have been the excessive time in the cold, using my voice. However, I'll be reporting any other out of the ordinary stuff as I go along. Ordinary stuff would just be more boring than usual, after all.

This is also a suitable time to high light the next 10:23 campaign - they're looking for 10 countries, 23 cities, and more than 1023 activists.

*Also a time to end a misconception - people collecting loose change on the street are always volunteers, and don't get paid a penny. Unless they're doing it illegally. Always check they have a copy of their collecting permit on them, and a sealed container for the money.

2 comments:

  1. Real is scientific homeopathy. It cures even when Conventional Allopathic Medicine (CAM) fails. Evidence-based modern homeopathy is a nano-medicine bringing big results for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or it could be all the interacting with filthy dirty humans has left you afflicted with Buboni-SARS like it did me ( I got sick right after I joined the band and started hanging out with and having to shake hands with people again, so I blame THEM!) Hope not, it sucks A LOT! feel better soon.

    As for you Nancy: your comment barley made sense, but it did involve the word "Nano" which makes EVERYTHING sound more science-ier, well played.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...