Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Today is...

...Purple Wednesday (hence the new back ground) to show you're against bullying, especially of LGBT, in the wake of the recent publicised suicides. I've had a quick look on google, but can't see who started it, so haven't linked, and haven't got the time I'm afraid (I'm at the launch of the Geek Calendar tomorrow, so am having shorter lunch breaks so I can leave work early at get there. Super excited!).

It's also World Statistics Day and my advice to you, if you're not as hot as you'd like to be on stats, is to read The Tiger That Isn't:

  • Paperback: 192 pages
  • Publisher: Profile Books (23 Aug 2007)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 1861978391
  • ISBN-13: 978-1861978394
I know Amazon's cheap, but please consider your local book shop instead!


Also a great piece over at the Guardian.

With large numbers of scientists about to become unemployed, the public is going to need some serious protection from statistician who go bad, says Frank Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...