Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Homeopathy overdose half way mark

Well, my homeopathy overdose is two months in now.

I must confess that last week I didn't get enough sleep. However, this was because I was reading "Why Does E=MC2 (and why should we care?)" by Professors Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw. It was excellent, and I couldn't put it down, even when it was time for me to get some sleep.


I've nothing against physics, but found biological sciences more interesting, and so, haven't done physics past GCSE, as I chose biology, chemistry and maths for A Level. Consequently, my knowledge of physics, whilst probably a little above average, isn't as strong, and it was great to read and learn something entirely new.

I enjoyed the way the book was written, and now have a clearer understanding of Einstein's theories of Special Relativity and General Relativity. It was also really good to get a bit more knowledge about the Higgs boson, and a bit of deeper understanding of the LHC.
 My friend Chris did say he spotted a couple of wee errors in the book, but I don't think these get in the way of the points they are trying to make.  


It would be interesting to see what university level physicists make of the book, but I'd give it a 10/10, and will read it again, as I'd like to get a firmer grip in my head of the contents of the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...